Wednesday, May 25, 2016

America At Its Worst


After reading this speech, experiencing this speech, I realized how ugly America’s past truly is. The men and women of our country that serve under our nation are known as our heroes of war and are praised for their service, but what we didn’t know was truly went on during the war.

The speech that John Kerry gave during the time of the Vietnam War was bold, powerful, and was able to let the world see the war on behalf of the soldiers...or in this case the suicide squad. What I mean by suicide squad is that a group of men were placed on foreign country to do the dirty work of a greater power but die in the process of doing so. There's two words that explain the reasoning of it all: stop communism.

The communist government was spreading through the Asian countries and America wanted to contain it. Unfortunately, the lives of our soldiers were put on the spot. Millions of people were affected by this war, American or not. Whether dead, missing, kidnapped, or even alive, the soldiers that witnessed the cruelty of what went on in Vietnam are in some way scarred.

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes wish I could experience what the people during this time experience. I wonder if I would be choosing the side of fighting instead of not fighting. The things you say on this responds is true.

    ReplyDelete